MINERALS IN INDIA Indias mineral resources are sufficiently rich and varied to provide the country with a strong industrial base. The country is particularly rich in minerals of the ferous group such as iron ores, magnese, chromite and titanium. It has worlds largest resources in mica and bauxite. 3.
Distribution: Bauxite deposits are scattered in India in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Goa, Gujarat, Karnataka and several other states. Distributional pattern of bauxite deposits reveals close proximity of its location with iron ore deposits.
In India 95 per cent resources are located in Orissa, mostly in the Sukinda valley in Cuttack and Jaipur districts and the remaining 5% resources are distributed in Manipur and Karnataka and meagre quantities in the states of Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh.